Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Scandinavian Inspired Stockings

Today I am sharing my Christmas stockings that were inspired by Scandinavian folk art with you.  I think that they look just perfect hanging over the fireplace which I wrote about in my last post.  I couldn't find any stockings that I liked in stores so I decided to make my own.  I was inspired by this Scandinavian looking stocking that I saw on Pinterest:
I made the stockings following this tutorial from the Fabricworm Blog.  It was very simple to follow.  I chose natural linen fabric for the main body of the stocking and white linen fabric for the cuff.  For the designs on the cuff I used my Silhouette Portrait and red heat transfer vinyl.  I used this design for a nordic bunting and just separated the shapes and recombined them to my liking.
I used a simple font for the monogram letters.  I ended up removing that border before I cut the designs because I thought it would be too busy on the cuffs and hard to line up.  Of course I had to flip the designs before I cut them since I was cutting on heat transfer vinyl.

Finally I added pom pom trim with hot glue.  I could of sewed it to the cuff but I like the look of it glued on the topside of the cuff.  


There wasn't enough of the white pom pom trim for all four stockings at Joann Fabric so I ended up buying red trim as well.  It was a happy accident because I like the variety with the trim.


You can see in the pictures of the mantel one of the decorations that I made for my daughter Ana's baptism from this past weekend as well as the cake topper from her cake nestled into the floral.  I hope to blog on that event in the near future.  You can also see some new furniture in the last photo.  Those are Agen chairs from Ikea.  I am currently in the process of making cushions for those chairs so I hope to blog on that and the rest of the new additions to the living room soon (which includes a new light fixture and a sectional).  I have also been doing a lot of Christmas sewing in addition to these stocking which include Christmas pjs for the girls, harem pants and a bandana bib for Ana, and a soft structure doll carrier for Lyla.  So many future projects to blog about!  Handmade holidays are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...