Thursday, June 23, 2016

Sewing for Baby: Faux Vest Onesie with Snap On Bow Ties


So I know my last post was a Sewing for Baby post but this post was all ready to go so I thought I would share it now.  Since I have a daughter all of the baby clothing that I have sewn has been for girls but when this cute vest onesie with bow ties showed up in my Pinterest feed I knew I had to make it for someone.  Conveniently my friend's son Jack got baptized a few weekends ago and I thought this onesie would make a great gift.

The tutorial is from the blog Make It & Love It and you can find it here.  There are also tutorials for bow tie onesies with suspenders and another one with a cardigan.  They are all so cute and they are very simple to make.

The tutorial doesn't provide a pattern since onesies vary so much so I started by drawing my pattern on some tracing paper.
Then I put the vest pieces together following the tutorial.  I found this suiting material at Joann Fabrics.
Next I attached the vest pieces.
I finished the vest by sewing on 3 buttons.  I attached cut out a little circle of fusible fleece and ironed it the inside of the onesie just below the collar of the shirt and then attached a Kam snap.

I made the bow ties with fabric quarters that I picked out at Joanns.  I used the tutorial that was attached to the faux vest onesie tutorial to assemble them.
I think it is such a fun project and I am sure Jack will look very dapper wearing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...