Monday, March 28, 2016

Sewing for Baby: Boppy Cover

It would seem that every break I have from school I am sick.  This nice long Easter break is no exception.  I have a terrible cold and pink eye in both eyes.  Oh the joys.  So since I don't feel like doing much else I thought I would write a blog post on a project I completed quite a while ago now. This project started with the purchase of some fabric that I had to have but had no clue what I was going to do with it when I bought it.  I got the idea of making a cover for my boppy nursing pillow (I don't use it for nursing anymore but it is great for other uses with baby like propping and sitting assistance).  I found this tutorial from the blog Vanilla Joy (remember the pattern weights from the last post).  I didn't have quite enough fabric for both sides of the cover so I decided to do the other side with this embossed minky from Fabric.com:
The tutorial has link to a free pattern and it was pretty easy to make.  The only difficult part was trying to sew a zipper with minky.  I am not so great at zipper sewing as it is and minky is a really tough fabric to use with zippers because it is fluffy and slippery.



It was worth it though because it is so cute!  I have a few bonus pictures with today's post.  One of my best friends (who I co-hosted this baby shower for) had a baby boy this past Wednesday.  She made his nursery have a woodland/mountain theme and even painted a mountain scene behind his crib which turned out awesome!  I decided to sew a few items for her and the baby so here is a look at what I made.  You can find the links to make all of the items as well as links on how to make the leggings and scarf bib that are pictured on my daughter at the bottom of this post.












And here is a look at the one of the changing pad covers in the nursery.  Gotta love Snapchat!
The cotton prints on the changing pad covers are from Spoonflower.   All of the rest of the cotton prints are from Joann Fabrics.  All of the minky fabric is from Fabric.com except the grey dot minky on the mountain changing pad cover.  That one is from Joann Fabrics.  The snuggle flannel prints for the cloth wipes are all from Joann Fabrics.  The snaps on the car seat canopy are from Kam Snaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...