Sunday, February 14, 2016

Sock Valentines


Happy Valentine's Day!  Today I have a fun and simple valentine project to share with you.  When I saw that my daughter had a Valentine list from daycare a few weeks ago my first thought was that it is crazy to give valentines to babies because they don't understand it.  I mean none of the children in her room at daycare are older than 10 months!  But my next thought was "sometimes you just have to make valentines for babies because it is fun!"  I would like to note that it was not required that we make valentines for the babies in her class, it was just for fun.  So I found myself typing "valentines for babies" in the search bar on Pinterest.  I found several cute ideas but when I found the sock idea I knew that was what I wanted to do.  Lyla has a drawer full of socks that are missing their match so I figured that other babies probably have the same problem.

On a side note, I saw an idea on Pinterest to keep a mesh laundry bag by the baby's hamper to corral the socks and then they get washed and dried in the bag and never lose their mate!  Why did I not see this idea before I had Lyla!

So I went to Old Navy and found some 4 packs of baby socks on sale.  Then I quickly whipped up a print and cut design in my Silhouette software.  I am including a link to a PDF file that I made of the valentines for those of you that don't have a Silhouette and I have also attempted to link the SVG file for all of you Silhouette owners.  I'm crossing my fingers that it works for you.
Sock Valentine PDF
Sock Valentine SVG



I think they turned out to be pretty adorable.  Simple and easy!  As I write this post I actually have another post written and edited and ready to share.  That means virtually back-to-back posts.  Keep your eyes peeled for a post on a baby shower that I co-hosted in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...