Sunday, December 20, 2015

Infographic Christmas Letter

Merry Christmas a few days early!  This week I sent out Christmas cards so I wanted to write a short post on our Christmas card and Christmas letter.  I used Shutterfly for our Christmas card as usual. Last year I couldn't find any designs that I loved on Shutterfly so I shared how I created my own card design with Pixelmator in this post.  This year I found a design that was perfect so I didn't need to create my own again.  O Holy Night is one of my favorite Christmas carols.  In fact you may remember this art project that I created last year that used words from the carol.  I loved the blue color of the design too because it works so perfectly with the blues of our shirts in the photo that I chose for the front from Lyla's newborn photo session.  By the way, I want to give another shout out to Josette Hayes of exposures by j. linnea for taking this and all of Lyla's lovely newborn photos.  I look forward to many more photo sessions with her!

This year I decided to include a Christmas letter with our cards.  Sometimes, I just type some info on the back of the Christmas card itself but someone I follow on Pinterest was pinning infographic Christmas letters one day and I was intrigued.  I knew it would be fun to use my Pixelmator software to create my own infographic letter so I knew it was something I had to do.  So without further ado here is my version of an infographic Christmas letter:
I chose to use red and teal as my pops of color.  The best part of completing projects like this is the opportunity to use some of the fonts from my vast collection.  I have a serious problem with downloading fonts people! The house and heart were shapes available in Pixelmator itself and I found the U.S. map and other graphics on Google.  I just used the pen tool to color in the states that we visited this year.  Hopefully you will find some inspiration from my latest project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...