Friday, February 6, 2015

A Small Living Room Update

I am back today with a tiny update to our living room that involves the curtains.  I believe that the living room curtains were actually my first sewing project for the house.
I liked the way they looked a lot but after making the grommet curtains for the bedroom I decided that I wanted grommets in the living room curtains as well.
So here is a look at the living room curtains now:


Just try to ignore the clutter and the sleepy cat in the photos above.  I just wanted to get a quick blog post done so they aren't my best photos.  

You may have noticed a few less blog posts than normal lately.  That is due to the fact that I have been very tired the last few months and haven't completed very many projects.  And the reason for this tiredness is (drumroll please)...


I am beyond excited about this!  And now that I am a few weeks into my 2nd trimester and most of my energy has returned I am ready to get started on the nursery.  I have been pinning ideas to a secret Pinterest nursery board for a long time.  Actually, I have to admit that I created the board well before we found out that I was pregnant. 

My first project will be to create slip covers for the chair pads on a glider chair that I found for $20 at a local thrift store.  I found an excellent, detailed tutorial that will hopefully make it easy (it involves zippers which is not my forte so there may be a little frustration involved).  The fabric should be arriving today so I hope to get started on it this weekend.  Here is the fabric that I will be using:

I will also be back this weekend with a post on some Christmas gifts that I gave to my family to announce our pregnancy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...