Monday, September 1, 2014

Putting Plans Down on Paper (or in the Blogosphere)


Even though I haven't completed many home projects lately which explains the lack of posts lately my mind has been bubbling over with ideas.  I find it helpful to write these ideas down otherwise I feel that I will forget them.  Today I thought I would share some of those plans with the blog world. So back in December I wrote this post on three big projects that I wanted to complete by the end of this summer.  I have been working on project #1 closet organization for quite sometime now and I feel that this one will probably continue to be a work in progress.  Organizing takes time yall!  But here is where the project is at now:

My 2nd project was to redo my dining set.  I successfully completed this project before Easter so that it would be ready to seat my family for Easter dinner.  I LOVE how it turned out.  
My 3rd project was to take out the carpet on the stairs and upstairs west bedroom and hallway and refinish the wood floors.  Unfortunately this project won't be happening.  I didn't trust my diy skills on this one so we had a couple of floor refinishers come out and do bids.  It would have cost us around 6 grand and we just weren't willing to pay that for a project that was merely cosmetic.  And boy were we glad that we decided not to because a month later this happened:
Yep that is an entire sheet of shingles sliding off of our roof.  We had a pretty crazy wind storm that loosened up some of our shingles.  You can see another sheet of them that is buckling and ready to slide too.  Another sheet of them also slipped off of another part of the roof.  Currently we have tarp over those two spots but we have had roofers out to give us bids.  Insurance is paying for a hefty chunk of our new roof but we do have to pay some out of pocket so we are glad we didn't decide to redo those floors.  It will be nice to get a new roof that will last for 30 years.

Okay now for all those ideas bubbling in my head.  If you want to pin images from this post please go to the original source for the pin.  First up, the office.  Currently the room is purple and I love purple but it is just too saturated and dark of a purple for my liking.

For the walls I am thinking a pale mint like these inspiration pics
source
source
I would also like to buy a cheap dresser at a thrift store or garage sale to store sewing patterns and other craft supplies.  Above the the dresser I would love to have a memo board like this one:
source
Next up, our bedroom.  So I did some work with this room over the last year giving it a new paint color, redone furniture, new bedding and a curtain rod.  Currently it looks like this:



I would love to paint the closet doors a dark brown or black like this:
source
source
I have been wanting to add curtains for a long time but I haven't found the right fabric until now.  I love Premier Prints, they are seriously the best.
source


Unfortunately other people must love it too because it is currently unavailable.  But I've waited this long so I can wait a little longer! 

When I was in Target awhile ago I snapped this inspiration pic for my lamps.

Currently my lamps look like this:

But I would love to update the shades with a stencil and maybe even paint the base.

Lastly, I need a way to organize/display my always growing collection of watches and I love this diy jewelry display project from Iheartorganizing:
source
So those are some projects that I would like to tackle in the near future.  Those projects will certainly keep me plenty busy.  Check back later this week for a handmade gift post.


1 comment:

  1. We have a video coming out soon the details how to renew your roof using one of our roof renew kits which will renew any RV roof up to 40ft. using the 63-600. Look for that link in a later posting once I am done editing it. closest roofers

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...