Friday, July 11, 2014

Closet Fabric Storage

I am back today with a quick post about my new fabric storage solution for my closet.  Last week, I wrote a post about my Sterilite storage drawers which I made a little prettier by adding patterned cardstock and chalkboard inspired labels.

When I originally shared my closet makeover in January I had found a nice solution for my scraps by storing them in a shoe organizer but my large yards of fabric were just piled on the floor of the closet.
This made it a little hard to see what I had and also looked messy. After looking at different ideas on Pinterest I decided that the best solution for me would be to install some closet rods underneath the bottom shelves on the side of the closet and hang the fabric.

The sides of the closet are pretty narrow so I had to find some hangers with clips that were small enough to fit in this space.  I found these baby hangers at Bed Bath and Beyond.  They were $3.49 for a 3 pack.  I got a ton thinking that I would have quite a few extras.  Turns out that I have a lot of fabric and I only had one pack left over in the end!
Here is a picture of my lovely knit collection.  I am excited to turn that Navajo print into some cute leggings for fall and winter.  I love the way this turned out because not only do I have easier access to the fabrics but I can also easily see them.  Hopefully this will motivate me to complete more sewing projects.  I am especially excited because my husband got me a serger for my birthday (which actually is still a week and half away but he will be gone on a work trip then).
I will be back next week to talk about my blog refresh and I may have another office project to blog about too.  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...