Friday, September 6, 2013

Ruffle Wreath


I am finally back after a long break!  The school year started up three weeks ago and I have been occupied with many creative projects in my classroom instead of at home.  I have also been out of town the past two weekends so that has made it hard to do projects at home as well.

This ruffle wreath is a project that I have been meaning to tackle for a while.  I pinned this post on Pinterest in July.  I bought the materials for it in early August.  I finally got around to making it this past Tuesday.  Use the link above to find the tutorial because I did not take any pictures of the process.  It is super easy to make and took me about 45 minutes to complete (most of that time was spent cutting the fabric).  The fabric is Premier Prints print from fabric.com and I got the straw wreath from Joanns.  I love how bright and fun it is.

I think that I might adjust it so that it hangs a little higher on the door and I did adjust it later so that the ruffles are more towards the bottom.  This picture reminds me that I still need to get on painting that woodwork around the door white.

I also wanted to share the new furniture addition on the porch.
The best thing about this cedar chest is that it was a free hand-me-down from my father-in-law.  I love that it still has the tag on it.  I think I will keep it just as it is because I love it.  I plan on storing blankets in it for the cold months coming up and putting my antique bottle collection on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...