Sunday, June 24, 2012

It's Finally Ours!


We are homeowners!  On Friday we had our closing and it went smoothly except that I left my driver's license at home and had to go back and get it.  As soon as our closing was done, we went to the house and took measurements of the living room so that we would know how much chair rail to buy.   Then we were off to Lowes to purchase supplies to paint the living room and dining room.

After a full day yesterday, the living room already looks completely different.  I can't wait until we are all done so that I can post pictures.  I am in love with the blue paint that we chose for the living room.  It is beautiful.  We have not been nearly as successful with the chair rail but we did cut 6 of 11 pieces last night (well, my husband cut them).  We did have some unsuccessful cuts and we will definitely be needing more chair rail!  Oh well, diy is a learning process.

I have updated house tour page with all the before photos of the house.  Be sure to click on the house tour tab to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...